RECRUITER TEL NO.
Body & Trim
Position Title: Concept Engineer
Attribute and Architecture – Concept development
• The Concept TCF Engineer uses its extensive knowledge and experience in area of C-shop build and vehicle development and packaging to lead visualization of the geometric integration of vehicle build process in final assembly plant (C-shop).
• The Concept TCF Engineer shall support the delivery of the correct concept maturity at the applicable milestones trough visualization and by that secure that project can make proper decisions.
• TCF engineer secures assembly by specifying build sequence, assembly tools & evaluations of the plant assembly workers ergonomic status per assembly operation in his/she’s area of responsibility.
• This person should deliver the milestones for Trim and Car Final (TCF) also called C-shop but also work together and support Packaging department.
• Reports to TCF Leader
• Conducting concept studies by creating and lead TCF work in early concept stage.
• Using Virtual Reality for the evaluations and take active role in VR Review Sessions.
• Lead, organize and Perform Virtual C shop builds by using IPS as a main tool
• Create studies, lead TCF issues to resolution and support packaging in solving specific Vehicle integration and manufacturing issues.
• By using Virtual Reality ensure that all package issues influencing vehicle concepts are balanced and solved, taking a leading role in generating proposals and contributing to issue resolution.
• Performing applicable competitor benchmark analysis and comparison to proposed solutions.
• Management of applicable working level forums, reporting status to the Concept team leader and supporting the product development plan deliverables
To be achieved via
• Using IPS, Team Centre VisMockUp and Catia
• Using Autodesk VRED Pro to develop suitable VR models is a merit
• Producing reports to highlight concept/TCF issues and resolution status.
• Prioritising and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing are met.
Software and IT:
• IPS, VR, CATIA, TeamCentre, VisMockUp
The following attributes are required:
• IPS expertise is curtail
• VR expertise and experience preferably in combination with experience from automotive engineering, gaming or similar is important
• Merit: OEM experience in a vehicle concept / advanced engineering role
• Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely
• Flexible, committed, and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
• Good organisational and prioritising skills
• Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• BEng/MEng in engineering.