EDS Component Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Position Title: EDS Component Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
• Our Client is currently recruiting for permanent EDS Component Engineer to be based at our Basildon site.
• The main purpose of the role is to lead the design, development, testing and sign off for new components that support the wiring harness fit and function e.g. channels, brackets, retainers, grommets, terminals, connectors, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead development of the component design concept with internal harness engineers, designers, as well as external development & production suppliers.
• Assist with the creation of initial design concepts for components and develop designs through prototype phases and to serial production
• Establish, agree and track the implementation of component timing plans internally, and with suppliers and customers
• Coordinate development partners / suppliers for the 2D/3D design. Track open issues and run regular reviews to ensure issue closure in a timely manner.
• Lead internal and customer releasing of components to support project timing.
• Review and agree the designs with suppliers and customers
• Ensure DFA/DFM processes are followed
• Define specifications (internal and customer) for specific components and cascade to development partners / suppliers
• Author and obtain approval of Component Product Specification (CPS) document.
• Monitor component design and development to ensure adherence to CPS
• Ensure specifications are met by proposed design
• Define component sign off testing plan and agree with customer.
• Oversee testing according to plan and report sign off status regularly internally and to customer.
• Investigate any test issues or failures and lead teams to resolve and re-validate.
• Participate in all relevant customer and supplier meetings
• Prepare and lead presentations for component reviews
• Support product design reviews internally and at customer locations
• Support prototype vehicle builds at customer locations
• Review and document issues and track to resolution
• University degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience
• Previous practical design experience from an automotive background
• Solid experience in automotive industry
• Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
• Knowledge of component development process
• Knowledge of material properties (plastics and metals)
• Knowledge of plastic moulding and metal stamping processes
• Knowledge of Catia for 3D and 2D design
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a diverse team
• Good time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
• Excellent communication skills in written & verbal English
• Self-sufficient, self-motivated and proactive
• Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
• High attention to detail
• Full valid driving licence to drive in the UK
• Right to work in the UK