Senior Harness Design Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Job Title: Senior Harness Design Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
IR35 Status Determination: Outside
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and 3D drafting in Catia V5 according to customer specifications
• 3D design data management on the customer system (TCE)
• Preparation of 3D CAD design drafts for wiring harness components
• Package investigations and development of solutions to EDS related package issues
• Adhere to Customer specifications and requirements while developing designs
• Adhere to internal specifications and requirements while developing designs
• Time critical implementation of design changes during all program development phases
• Review designs with customer manufacturing team to ensure feasibility for instillation into vehicle
• Ensure EDS routing and package design is compatible with vehicle environment
• Prepare marked up 2D drawings to support design changes
• Check 2D drawings are in-line with the planned design prior to release
• Support design reviews, prototype harness and vehicle builds at company and customer locations
• Identify, track and resolve EDS design and manufacturing issues.
• Generate, review and evaluate potential cost reduction ideas.
• Carry out CAD assembly investigations together with the responsible project engineers
• Participate in TVM, VA/VE and benchmarking activities.