Chief Engineer Electrical Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis and Powertrain
Position Title: Chief Engineer – Electrical Systems
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer - Electrical Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• To in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, inform, influence, and execute the strategic plan for systems in the vehicle electrification domain that meet the performance and attribute challenges for internal and 3rd party projects.
• Responsible for the engineering of all systems in the Electrical Systems domain for our current and next generation vehicles.
• Electrical architectures - ICE, Hybrid and BEV.
• Body electrical systems.
• Infotainment systems.
• Electrical (CAD) package.
• Electrical wiring system.
• Software development, test, and release.
• Overall responsibility for achieving timing, content, piece cost and investment targets for all systems in the electrical systems domain.
• Responsibility for the resourcing of the electrical systems team to the levels agreed with the senior management team.
• Manage a team led by a number of senior/principal engineers.
• Project timing and headcount profile management.
• Work collaboratively with the PMO department, Supply Chain and counterparts from other function groups.
• Career development planning for permanent members of staff, and peak trough workload management for contractors.
• Endeavour to make the Electrical Systems department an enjoyable and challenging place to work.
• Significant contributions to and responsibility for implementing a technology roadmap for electrical systems that meets the aspirations of the Clients’ Electronics.
• Represent the Electrical Systems Department at all levels of the business.
• Act as the authority for the electrical systems domain and lead the resolution of complex issues relating to electrical systems across the business, and provision electrical support to other function groups as required.
• Establish and nurture sustainable and productive relationships with other departments within the group, the supplier base and with our technical partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven track record of leadership and delivery of electrical systems at Chief Engineer level (or Principal Engineer plus significant experience) in the automotive or aeronautics industry.
• Wide-ranging in-depth expert understanding of electrical architectures, electrical systems, electrical packaging, wiring systems and software development.
• Articulate, self-motivated, inspiring individual who can work well under pressure.
• Demonstrates resilience and fosters good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
• Significant experience of process driven development and NPI processes.
• Working knowledge of Functional Safety ISO26262, FMEA and DVP processes.
• In depth understanding of software and hardware development methodologies.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (quality planning, PPAP etc.).
• Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree with an overall grade 2:1 or higher.
• A postgraduate qualification is essential.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
• This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role, which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.