Robot Cell Technician
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Robot Cell technician – Manufacturing
• This may also include who the job holder will report to and details of any reportees.
• Reporting to the Chief Engineer – Manufacturing, the primary responsibility of this role is to ensure that the superlight technology continues to be developed and matured from an technical and manufacturing perspective and provide support to the R&D team in order that the company can deliver projects in a professional , cost effective and timely manner.
• Detail the Principal Accountabilities of the role/function
• This role is expected to work with R&D and manufacturing teams on how to implement the superlight technology in practice. This will involve determining what is required from robot cell application and support creating design and manufacturing guidelines for the production of vehicle structures manufactured from composite panels, Aluminium extrusions and castings. The person filling the role will be the practical robot application / robot programming expert within the company with respect to structures.
• Detail the Personality Traits which are typically associated and successful in this role/function
• Given the nature of the responsibilities detailed in this document, this person also need to be a good communicator and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications. Also need to be organised, analytical and have a keen eye for detail. Self-motivated individual capable of working under own initiative as well as meeting tight deadlines as part of a team. Also a strong team player, supportive, positive and believes in synergy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide high quality and imaginative technical solutions to project requirements related to robot application / programming, under the guidance of a more senior engineer when necessary.
• Contribute to and support events and activities that the Company may become involved in.
• Liaise with other members of the Manufacturing Team to support preparation of 2D concepts, layouts, designs for tooling and fixtures, plant installation, assembly cells etc.
• Provide input to the Manufacturing Team to support feasible design solutions with regard to manufacturing, assembly and homologation related to Robot application.
• Liaise with Engineering, Design and Project Management to ensure technical targets, program timings and budgetary requirements are met.
• Schedule own activities to provide manufacturing deliverables that meet required specifications within timescales and budgets.
• Plan and maintain progress in improving personal professional competence.
• Ensure that your technical knowledge and expertise is kept up to date with in-depth knowledge of current OEM manufacturing processes, technologies and equipment, as well as OEM supply chain strategies.
• Detail any specific experience, training or qualifications that the job holder should have.
• Applicant needs be an expert in robot applications / robot programming such as material handling interfaced with press machines and automated welding, with the background knowledge and experience to understand the methodology of automation processes.
• Expected to have substantial knowledge of robot application including H&S standards and quality control processes.
• Experience in robot application such as robot cell or automated line with robots essential.
• Substantial Arc welding experience desirable.
• Experience in tubular frame structure manufacturing preferable.
• Vehicle OEM environment experience desirable.
• Robot cell design experience is also desirable.
• Catia V5 (or alternative CAD system) viewer experience preferred, but not essential.
• This is standard wording which should be included on all Function and Role descriptions.
• To perform any other duties that may well be reasonably expected within the remit of the role.
• To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within areas of responsibility.
• In addition to the above responsibilities for the job also involves similar duties to be conducted for any future subsidiary companies within the Company.