Project Engineer – Electrical Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Position Title: Project Engineer – Electrical Systems
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer – Electrical Systems to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• Electrical project engineering, development and integration of electrical systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture (e.g. body, chassis and powertrain systems).
• Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems.
• Realisation of the vehicle features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required.
• Guidance to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
• Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC requirements.
• Specification and development oversight of software features and functions in conjunction with our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven software development methods.
• Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
• Hands-on electrical development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues.
• Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
• Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Significant experience of electrical systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
• Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
• Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Articulate, self-motivated and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
• Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
• This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role, which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.