Studio Engineer CMF, Material Specialist
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Studio & CAS
RFQ No: Studio Engineer CMF, Material Specialist
• As Studio Engineer CMF, you are an active link between Product Design, Engineering, suppliers and Purchasing departments.
• You will work cross projects and cross functions from initial benchmarks and target settings through to industrialization.
• You will work very closely with product designers, but also with Engineering and suppliers, to develop new surface materials. You will be developing strategies, ensuring our deliveries and plan our Colour, Material and Finish development within Product Design as a technical support to the Designers. You are representing Design in these issues and you need to understand both the big picture and to be able to go into development.
• In this position you will work mainly with plastic materials, NFPP, new grain development and new Interior colour (dyed plastic)
Responsibilities and tasks
• Support CMF DEsign and 3D Design with technical expertise on surface
• materials and related processes
• Perform Material and Supplier Research, and organize supplier meetings
• Evaluate techniques that suppliers present and get an understanding of what it would mean in terms of design (including 3D design), timing and cost.
• Act as design representatives in forum outside design department, when needed
• Participate in- and contribute with technical input at CMF-, Interior- and Exterior design reviews.
• Participate in Project Content discussions
• Prepare- and follow up budget and time schedule for material development up to B-master delivery.
• Initiate- and document handshake for supplier selections for master developments.
• Coordinate that technical requirements (pre verification demands), cost targets etc. for materials is greed and communicated to selected suppliers.
• Participate in- and contribute with technical and cost input for gate reviews
• Initiate- and document A and B-master handshake
• Monitoring content- and material changes after B-master delivery
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. engineer Or equivalent relevant experience
• 5-10 years’ experience of Automotive development
• Experience of working with plastics and grains.
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince
• Very good knowledge in materials
• Good communication skills
• Ability to build a wide network
• Ability to communicate / explain the design intentions
• Fluent in English
Software and IT: