RECRUITER TEL NO.
Broadford Park, Shalford,, Surrey
Position Title: EDM Coordinator
• Engineering Database Management (EDM)
• The key accountabilities of the Engineering Database Management (EDM) function are to control new part number allocation and an indented BoM structure for all projects ensuring accurate BoM roll up functionality for product cost and weight.
• In addition, the function ensures that Engineering releases are correctly documented and recorded in the BoM.
Personality Traits: Engineering Database Management (EDM)
• People who excel in this role are typically (ISTP) tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears then act quickly to find workable solutions.
• Analyse what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems.
• Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities within Electronic Database Management (EDM):
Coordinator – Engineering Database Management (EDM)
• Working with the Company’s Design, Engineering and Technical Procurement functions to ensure the BoM is accurate with regards to part specification, weight and cost.
• Generate vehicle BoM status reports as required.
• Support Workshop activities, providing accurate prototype BoM information and ensuring all build deviations are recorded and documented.
• Support Design, Engineering and Purchasing activities through ensuring Design Office drawings are accurate and liaise with suppliers following the release of drawings.
• Managing the transfer and storage of CAD data both to the Company and from the Company to external suppliers.
• Assist with the creation and documentation of part specific composite layup manuals, and the transfer of these manuals to external suppliers.
• Support the development of an Engineering Database and BoM system to satisfy the Company’s requirements.
• To monitor system efficiency and propose changes to improve working functionality.
• To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within your areas of responsibilities.
• Use high-level Product specifications to develop an initial BoM to support concept cost and timing.
• Support the implementation of an externally sourced Engineering Database as and when such a system is required.
• Generate and maintain mass track data for vehicle variants and mass states. (i.e. GVW, Kerb, Show Room).
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested of you.