Body Exterior CAD Designer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Body & Trim
Job Title: Body Exteriors – Design Engineer
Working on all aspects of Body Exterior delivery on vehicle programmes
• Body packaging, concept studies and detailed design.
• Liaison with the rest of the design and engineering community, suppliers, manufacturing engineering and R&D team. Support of design activities carried out in-house and at suppliers if required.
• Build support (prototype and production)
• Supporting problem solving activities.
• Represent the department in design reviews and during test and development activities if required.
• Design components to the lowest feasible weight.
• Coordinate own design work to deliver timely design releases meeting all design for manufacture input from suppliers.
• Develop and specify GD&T data set on CAD models or drawing taking into account all inputs from parts suppliers, assembly processes and dimensional management studies.
• With particular respect to body panels technology, contribute to the continuous improvement and further development of CAD modelling and product definition techniques.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Sound understanding of mechanical design fundamentals
• Good material knowledge, with emphasis on high performance and lightweight structural materials (carbon composites, aluminium alloys, high strength steel, titanium).
• Good understanding of bolted and bonded mechanical joints design
• Good understanding of GD&T standards
• Experience of high and niche vehicle (low volume) programmes
• Knowledge of CATIA V5 is essential
• Understanding of FE analysis technique to drive structural design and its optimization is essential.
• Experience of CDM or VPM and DMU tools
• PC literate and at ease with MS Office products
• Experience of CATIA V5 CPD or experience on equivalent composites design toolboxes would be beneficial.
• Ability to conduct DFMEA would be beneficial
• Experience of best drawing and modelling practises or methodologies would be beneficial.