LIghting Systems Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Body & Trim
WFH / Woking
Position Title: Lighting Systems Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
Location: WFH / Woking as required
Complete up front work to ensure the selected supplier can deliver the lighting system in line with technical specifications and requirements
Control and deliver all aspects of design, development and integration of new or modified lighting systems.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Ensure developed products integrate with the specified electrical and mechanical vehicle architecture.
• Advise on feasibility of design proposals to enable generation of viable concepts with class leading aesthetic appearance.
• Support cross functional reviews to ensure that lighting systems are delivered in line with the programme targets for function, quality, cost, timing, serviceability and weight.
• Manage the commodity CAD package through supplier reviews to ensure robust virtual build process can be achieved.
• Ensure designs are compliant with all relevant market legislation.
• Develop commodity timing plans to support delivery of milestone actions.
• Understand technology trends and generate system proposals for inclusion on future programmes.
• Produce and control supporting design documentation to demonstrate robust development process, to include DFMEA, DVP, Engineering Release, Concern Resolution and Sign-off Reports.
• Support vehicle build and launch activities. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
• Support Purchasing department in defining future commodity strategy.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent qualification is desirable.
• Extensive experience specific to this commodity is essential.
• Experience within the automotive industry, in a commodity delivery or project management role is essential.
• Direct experience of working with Interior or Exterior lighting products.
• Should have experience of lighting regulations.
• Must be able to both lead and work within teams effectively and manage external suppliers
• Must be able to project manage to deliver required attributes to budget and on time.
• Must have good presentation skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
• Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
• Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry standard tool sets (FMEA, DVP, Six Sigma, PPAP etc.).
• Good understanding of working with Design Studio personnel.
• Ability to use CATIA and TCE and/or computer visualisation software to interrogate and develop CAD proposals.
• Proactive approach to supporting prototype builds and resolving issues.
• Ability to analyse and validate supplier test data and develop recovery plans where necessary.
• The successful candidate should be prepared to travel when necessary to fulfil this role.