Vehicle Package Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Body & Trim
Doyle Drive, Coventry,Warwickshire
Position Title: Vehicle Package Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
• The Vehicle Package Engineer will develop packages for interior trim focusing on door and pillar trims, delivering design vision and component design maturity through various product delivery gateways.
• Ensuring all legal and functional requirements are met by product engineering teams through clearance checks and clash management and engineering-supplier discussions.
• Development and layout of the vehicle concepts/package through all stages of vehicle development.
• Generating and issuing of technical input to the design team
• Ensuring vehicle concept/package complies with the appropriate homologation requirements
• Ensuring that packaging guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
• Developing and proposing concepts/solutions to design and package issues
• Maintenance of applicable layout areas within the packaging data structure.
• Responsible for highlighting and communicating conflicts between components to vehicle package team leader and component area representative
• Producing reports to highlight concept/packaging issues and progress
• Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable hard point package and generation of critical package sections
• Using CAD tools for detection of component clashes
• Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept packages for all areas of the vehicle
• Liaising with component engineering and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems
• Prioritising and managing person workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing is met
• Understands problems, situations and issues. Applying this analysis to improve business performance.
Continuous Improvement through creative solutions
• Solves problems in creative ways. Is willing to question established ways of doing things.
• Delivering high performance through effective team working. Supports a culture where the input of all is valued.
• Builds the skills and competencies of self and others. Contributes to improving organisational capability
• Successfully builds support for ideas through effective and appropriate communication strategies.
• Undertakes work in a well thought out, timely manner.
• Builds internal/external networks in order to deliver business objectives.
Drive and Accountability
• Demonstrates drive and persistence to meet or exceed goals for self and others.
• Understands the markets within which the Company operates. Strives to deliver outstanding business performance.
Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive OEM experience, preferably in an OEM vehicle integration/packaging/design studio support position
• Good working appreciation of ergonomic requirements for occupant positioning.
• Knowledge of the various homologation requirements to support vehicle design
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Good broad knowledge of all vehicle systems and components with an understanding of vehicle integration and concept development.
• Experience of supplier/customer interaction
• BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel
• Good knowledge of CATIA V5, Vis mock-up, and team centre at OEM level
• Good organisational and prioritising skills
• Collaborative working style
Personal Qualities/ Aptitudes
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to drive issues through to a balanced resolution, possesses the ability to work automatously or part of a team.
• Professional approach and can deliver high quality work
• Flexible, committed and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
• Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely
• Confident in technical ability yet willing to consider new ideas
• Positive outlook