Senior Performance Systems Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis and Powertrain
Position Title: Senior Performance Systems Engineer
• In this role you will be responsible for verifying and optimising the systems intent of the diesel engine and powertrain. Your objective will be to ensure that all target criteria are met and that the powertrain works to its full efficiency in all operating conditions.
• The role involves planning, preparation and supervision of simulation activities and physical engine testing.
• Data analysis, assessment and documentation of test results for report out to key stakeholders will be an important part of this role.
• Planning and execution of diesel engine systems simulation study activities
• Support conceptualization studies for future powertrain
• Specification of physical engine test plans
• Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
• Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
• Controls development and mathematical modelling using Matlab/ Simulink
• BEng in Mechanical/Automotive or related Engineering discipline
• Good knowledge of combustion engine fundamentals
• Understanding of exhaust after treatment performance
• Understanding and experience of DoE and emissions modelling
• Excellent inter-personnel and communication skills
• Proven project management skills
• Capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams
• High level competence using Matlab and Simulink to develop mathematical models
• Masters or PhD in specific subject area preferred
• Knowledge of data analysis tools such as AVL Concerto or equivalent
• Knowledge and experience of specifying Diesel Engine attributes and components
• Understanding of worldwide emissions legislation
• Controls and calibration development using software or hardware in the loop
• Familiar with 1-D simulation tools (e.g GT-power)
• Proven track record in aftertreatment system modelling ideally in the heavy duty/ off-highway sector