ADAS Systems Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: ADAS Systems Engineer
• Our Client are seeking motivated Engineers with a background in Automotive Engineering to join our exciting ADAS & AD team.
• Their Engineers work with cutting edge technology and support the development of next-generation ADAS and Automated Driving Systems from concept level to production sign-off on behalf of OEMs.
• This role will primarily be based at our Engineering Centre in Coventry or remotely, with some travel to customer locations and other worldwide Client locations.
• The ADAS Systems Engineer will work with other team members and the customers’ engineers to deliver ADAS & AD projects according to plan.
• This will include the following key activities: Identify and develop use cases for ADAS features following the Clients’ ADAS process and toolchain
• Develop, define, and refine functional and non-functional requirements for ADAS features (from feature level down to component level) as well as performance KPIs
• Develop test plans and test cases for ADAS features, ensuring an appropriate requirements coverage and traceability back to use cases
• Design ADAS features according to the standards and legislation relevant for the application and its market
• Plan, conduct and evaluate vehicle and systems tests in virtual environments (including SiL, HiL, simulation), on test tracks and public roads
• Regularly report and present projects activities to other team members and senior management
• Identify and resolve conflicts in meeting technical requirements
• Engage with customers to understand and track project milestones and deliverables dates
• Degree in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
• Professional relevant experience in ADAS / AD systems engineering
• Awareness of ADAS SAE Levels
• Awareness of systems development lifecycle
• Knowledge of ADAS features on the market
• Understanding of vehicle control modules, E/E architecture, and vehicle systems
• Good communication skills
• English language (spoken and written)
• Proficient in Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Driving Licence valid for driving in the UK
• Highly motivated and proactive attitude towards learning and new technologies
• Flexibility to travel to suppliers, customers and other Client offices
• Knowledge of ADAS regulations and standards (UN-ECE and ISO)
• Experience with vehicle integration, tests planning, vehicle and systems testing in virtual environments, on test tracks, and public roads
• Familiar with ADAS features calibration, vehicle testing, data collection and post-processing
• Knowledge of safety standards (ISO 26262, 21448)
• Experience in conducting FMEA activities
• Knowledge of simulation and validation tools (e.g. CarMaker)
• Experience using Vector tools (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) or equivalent