Design Engineer – Chassis
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis & Powertrain
3 Months Rolling
Position Title: Design Engineer - Chassis
Location: Remote then Surrey
Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• Reporting to the Chief Engineer – Vehicle Body Systems & Architecture Design, your primary focus of the work is to model in Catia V5, any components and assemblies including their sub-assemblies across any functional area and provide innovative technical solutions to meet project needs.
• Additionally, engineers could be asked to deliver overall vehicle layout work, including manikin positioning, at the concept stage as well as tooling, jigs and fixtures design and supporting vehicle build.
• The key elements of the Design Engineer – Contract role are to ensure the compatibility of design solutions against the vehicle specification, integrate hardware with styled themes and to work with the Vehicle Engineering division of the company to ensure the design output is optimised.
• Engineers may be allocated to a single project or multiples at any given time.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide high quality and imaginative technical solutions to project requirements, utilising team input when necessary
• Contribute to and support events and activities that the Company may become involved in
• Prepare 2D concept sections, 3D part models, 3D assembly models, 2D drawings and any associated design documentation as required
• Plan and support preparation and release of designs for tooling and fixtures
• Liaise with styling, manufacturing, CAE etc. to support development of feasible design solutions
• Liaise with permanent engineers and Project Managers to ensure technical targets, programme timings and budgetary requirements are met
• Liaise with the Prototype Workshop to provide feasible design solutions and support workshop activities pre, during and post-vehicle build
• Ensure all design work meets required specifications within timescales and budgets
• Support meetings with technical suppliers, third party suppliers, and others as may be
• Support preparation of material detailing concepts and design status to client project teams, client senior management, project suppliers and internally to Company personnel
• Ensure own designs meet all relevant safety and regulatory requirements, and are formally verified to meet these and other specifications
• Contribute to complete and effective engineering plans and schedules, including planning own activities
• To perform any other duties that may well be reasonably expected within the remit of the role
• To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within areas of responsibility