Automotive Interior Designer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive Rates of Pay
6 months rolling
Position Title: Automotive Interior Designer
• University degree in transportation design
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in automobile interior design (OEM preferred)
• English, spoken and written
• Very strong sketch ability.
• Good knowledge of CAD 3D design process and software such as Alias, Photoshop, VRED, and PowerPoint
• Proficient in Maya/Blender/visualization software
• Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills.
• Independent and confident as well as a good team player
• Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills. Ability to understand and analyse requirements from upper management
• Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
• Take a design from the sketch phase to concept modelling in Alias, clay physical modelling, and through to A-class surfacing.
• Work with colour and trim design team to create designs that consider the opportunities and limits of the colour and trim vision, and work with them to create a unified vision for the designs.
• Work with suppliers to achieve the best possible product in terms of craftsmanship, cost, and engineering, while also staying as close to the design vision as possible.
• Collaborate with the fabrication team to complete prototypes when necessary.
• Will report to Chief Designer
• PDF Design Portfolio max 10mb file size
Software and IT:
• Photoshop, Alias, Maya or Blender