Senior Project Engineer – Powertrain Electronics
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis and Powertrain
Position Title: Senior Project Engineer – Powertrain Electronics
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer – Powertrain Electronics to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• Reporting to the Head of Electrical Systems, you will be responsible for the delivery of the powertrain electronics for our exciting vehicle programmes in collaboration with our in house experts, development partners and Tier 1/2 suppliers.
• Responsibility for delivery of powertrain electronics for a range of combustion engine/hybrid electric vehicles.
• This includes control units, motors/drives, sensors, pumps and actuators (on and off-engine)
• Project and technical management of our development partners and Tier 1/2 suppliers.
• Oversight of hardware, software and calibration
• Cross-function support between Electrical, Powertrain and Chassis Function Groups in order to ensure that all distributed systems and system integration requirements are fulfilled
• Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD Design team. Ensure compliance with any wiring and cooling requirements
• Participation and co-ordination of system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, EMC, functional safety and legislative activities throughout the development lifecycle as necessary
• Ensure that powertrain electronics parts are correctly structured on the BOM and strive to achieve cost targets, weight targets and delivery timing to support vehicle build phases
• Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle
• Provision of information, support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments
• Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams
Experience and Qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience of powertrain electronics design/development at systems or vehicle level including engine/chassis/powertrain control units, functional development, calibration and connectivity
• Experience of hybrid vehicle systems would be advantageous
• Knowledge of distributed vehicle electrical architectures
• Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive or aerospace sectors
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.)
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease coordinating a team of engineers and suppliers
• Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure
• Electrical, Electronic Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
• Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered
• Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
• Full driving licence essential