Lead Project Engineer – Electrical Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Lead Project Engineer – Electrical Systems
• Our Client is currently has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Project Engineer – Electrical Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• Reporting to the Head of Electrical Systems, you will be responsible for the delivery of the overall electrical system for one of our exciting vehicle programmes in collaboration with our in-house experts, development partners and Tier 1/2 suppliers.
• Lead the engineering, development and integration of electrical systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture for a hyper car development programme.
• Project responsibility for successful delivery including engineering release, cost, timing and weight.
• Provide leadership to a matrix team of multi-disciplined electrical engineers (Systems, EDS and Design engineers) with a focus to achieve project milestones for complete vehicle life-cycle activities within the target timeframe.
• Project responsibility for verification & validation activities including FMEAs, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC and functionality tests throughout the development lifecycle.
• Project responsibility for problem resolution including management of issues to closure.
• Preparation and presentation of project status information to peers and the Management Team.
• Development partners / Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Extensive experience of system/component design and delivery within an automotive/aerospace/transport or similar engineering environment.
• Team leadership experience is essential.
• Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures, network, wiring and diagnostic technologies.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
• Possession of an Electrical, Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours Engineering Degree 2.1 or higher.
• Post-graduate qualifications preferred.
• Well-organised and methodical approach to planning and executing a project.
• Skilled communicator and network/relationship builder.
• Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
• Full driving licence essential.