Battery Management Systems Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: BMS Engineer
• Our Client is the world's largest privately owned and independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines, E-mobility applications as well as instrumentation and test systems.
• The Company deliver engineering consultancy projects for OEM customers in a number of areas, including but not limited to Transmission, ADAS, Hybrid Vehicles and Electrification.
• Increasingly, these projects require robust analysis of the functional safety risks and mitigation actions.
• Our Client is seeking an experienced engineer with a pro-active attitude, self-learner and highly motivated.
• You will be responsible for the development, verification, validation, and commissioning of Battery Management Systems for passenger vehicles, off highway vehicles, commercial vehicles, and industrial truck applications.
• Your role will be initially to support but with the aim to eventually lead the systems activities in the development of the BMS as well as the verification, validation, and commissioning activities, following the Company’s control systems development process based on the V-model.
This will include the following key activities:
• Customer Interfacing
• Requirements engineering
• Development of BMS systems architecture
• Support the application software, basic software, functional safety, electronic hardware, and quality teams
• Software/Hardware integration
• Defining validation/verification plan and methodologies as well as evaluating test results
• Debugging and carrying out systems test on the HIL rig
• Supporting the Battery Systems team
• Calibration and commissioning of BMS
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Automotive or equivalent Engineering
• Automotive BMS development experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
• Automotive engineering knowledge / experience in design, validation and integration
• Experienced in systems engineering
• Understanding of automotive control systems and calibration
• Experienced in requirements engineering process
• Development of systems architecture
• Proficient in office tools (e.g. Word, Excel)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (good written and oral English)
• Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team
• Analytical capabilities
• Confident in presenting to customers and management
• Driving license valid for driving in the UK
• Experience in leading systems development activities
• Experience in BMS commissioning and calibration
• Experience of Etas Inca
• Experience with Vector tools (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) or equivalent
• Experience of MATLAB/Simulink
• Experience of Enterprise Architect
• Some embedded C experience (Reading code and using debuggers, lauterbauch etc)
• Experienced in conducting FMEA activities
• Experienced in problem solving activities, 8D, Root Cause Analysis etc.
• Experience of controls system development using Application Lifecycle Management software (preferably PTC Integrity)
• Project Management
• Experience in development of either automotive powertrain control systems, high-voltage electrical power supplies, Hybrid vehicles, ADAS features or similar technical fields
• Experience in hybrid powertrain area