RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: WFH / Basildon
• Collect and check electrical systems information from customer and suppliers
• As part of the circuit team, create engineering data to support the creation of Harness drawings.
• Investigate the incorporation of new circuitry into existing EDS systems
• Investigate and create EDS system design proposals for new electrical systems
• Prepare mark-up drawings, marked up electrical schematics and engineering change documentation
• Analyse systems and environment information to determine electrical requirements for circuit design, e.g: wire size, fuse rating etc.
• Check harness drawings during release process to ensure accuracy of systems design
• Support customer compatibility reviews to check EDS system design and follow up required actions
• Prepare EDS systems add and delete lists to support feature cost estimations for new programs or TVM actions
• Study any complexity effects of proposed or given design changes, internally or from the customer
• Analyse required harness complexity to support customer within the constraints of manufacturing, sequencing, and optimized giveaway cost
• Prepare complexity reduction / optimisation proposals based on system cost, option usage, harness production, etc.
• Support harness design reviews, prototype builds and test boards for EDS system issues
• Support investigation and resolution of DVP related EDS systems issues
• Fault finding and diagnostics on vehicle electrical systems
Nice to Have Criteria:
• Experience of working with, or design of, vehicle electrical systems
• Ability to read and understand vehicle wiring harness drawings and schematics
• Knowledge of vehicle electrical/electronic system function and diagnostics
• Understanding of EDS design and development process
• Application of electrical theory
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• Self-motivation and prioritisation
• Ability to work in a team as well as alone